Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Decisions

Spending time in silence to think about choices and decisions is ... challenging... especially when the person you have spent the last ten years discussing problems with is the topic of contemplation.

So many people offer advice in times of crisis: how folks should feel, what they would do, what would be 'best'.

I think that the most relevant piece of advice I have received lately, wasn't even addressed to me. It was a friend's FaceBook status: Don't be an NPC in your own life.

Still not sure what I am going to do with that information, nor what I will do with my situation, but not being an NPC resonates with me.

I have felt invisible, unheard, unwanted for so very long, and - of this I am sure - I am done with that.

Heck. I even have some dice and a blank character sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment